Friday, February 9, 2007

My Pissy Rant

Yeah, this isn't a fun post, so if you're not in the mood for incessant whining with little merit, it's probably best to skip this post.

Well, the swelling has gone down a little, but not that much. I still have to adhere to the percocet (ran out of Vicodin) and 4 ibuprofen for the headache and toothache every 4 to 5 hours - problem is, the percocet tends to make me naueous and dizzy and fatigued, and I'd like to do without it but the headaches are quite unbearable. So I take it, and I feel like sleeping the whole day.

Went to the follow-up appointment today at the oral surgeon, and they didn't do much except repack the lower right side of my mouth, and refilled my Vicodin. I didn't get really anything looked at, just took out the painful pack and then shoved another in there, and now the whole day I've been tasting antiseptic, which is bitter and quite unsettling. It's like I have someone's old toothbrush in my mouth.

So I came back, in pain, drowsy, and tried to work on an old job. I did a wedding and sent it off, and she wanted the whole thing redone because I got the date and location wrong at the beginning of the video, and for some odd reason it tends to skip a bit too, which is odd. So I've been trying to reconnect the media but it's been freaking out on me. Relinking the wrong clips to the source material and whatnot, so it's been a freaking headache. I'm trying a cheat right now, see if that works without having to reauthor the DVD. We'll see.

The last 5 days of soup, instant noodles, and ice cream is getting on my nerves too. I see food ads and I'd kill to have a burger, some pasta, something substantial. The soft foods experience is driving me batty and annoyed. I'm going to try some stuffed pasta, see how that goes.

And yeah, I feel like a nap now, but I still gotta make sure the kids have dinner. My recovery time is no doubt longer than most people, but I'm ready for it to be over. I'm so out of it I can't work, but I can't relax because I'm on a lot of deadlines. Man, I need some relief soon.

The other thing that's annoyed me is hearing about the Chair of Comedy Central having to step down because of the whole Boston Teen Aqua Force Bomb scare. I think it's stupid and it's just a network trying to scapegoat someone in order to avoid legal action, because a bunch of people got excited at a LED display that was never ever made to resemble any type of bomb. It's atrocious. GNNNNAAAHHH I'm pissed.

No comments: