Monday, February 12, 2007

Some Photos



They were both sitting on a cement block that held up the handicapped parking sign, and both mesmerized by the activities.



I love this shot because it's such a wonderment type shot. I think even though we don't see his face, one could imagine what it'd be like.



I wanted to take a photo of Alex smiling pleasantly as he was enjoying the Lion Dance, and I was surprised that he lifted up his hand to kind of acknowledge me. In the other photos, he looks like he's trying to block his face, but he was just giving me a nice little, "Hi Dad" wave.




At the end, it became all worthwhile - we hadn't planned on going up to the dancers, but other parents were doing it but we managed to finagle one last photo op just as they were leaving, and Alex got his wish. He was holding his hand out through most of the Lion Dance because we teach him if he wanted stray cats to come to him, just hold out his hand and wait for them to come to you. So he held his hand out, hoping for contact. So when the Lion bent down and even let Alex put his hand in its mouth, you know the little boy had a pretty neat day...

No comments: