Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Procrastination

One of my biggest faults as a human being is my propensity to procrastinate. Look it up and it's like a bullet point for all my personality traits. Fear of failure. Perfectionism. A sense of feeling like I need time for leisure. Fear of rejection. While realizing that isn't really a cure for it, it does help me understand some of the obstacles that I need to overcome. I think another one of my deals is that I can't handle massive projects, and weddings happen to be one of them. I just finished a photo montage and it was at best, a 5 hour project maybe, scattered through a couple days. I didn't really stress out about it, in fact was sorta fun and I even threw in a couple other things to make the DVD more rewatchable. Small projects are really kind of more my thing - I suppose that has to do with my preference towards magazines, comic strips, singles, and video games. Very goal oriented, short investments of time.

So I've got another 15 days until this next wedding is due, and I'm still on the bride getting ready. Sometimes I just look at the footage and just get bored. But I just gotta look at it this way, 4 more weddings to edit and then I'll just stop forever. Doing weddings is kinda like editing the same type of story over and over again. The story structure is the same, and most of the times the content is samey.

Sigh.

Alex has been going through a stubborn, argumentative stage these couple days. He'll argue with you and say things like, "I'm doing this, ok?" and he's been getting time outs for it. Seems like he's gotten used to bossing his sister around, and he thinks he can get away with doing it with his parents. But I guess it's all in phases. Seems like as Zoe gets out of her whiny stage, Alex gets in his bossy stage. Zoe's due for some kind of behavioral flare up next...

Right now I'm sitting in a physical therapist's office while my mom's getting her shoulder looked at. Get a lot of work done when she's getting medical attention.

No comments: