Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today was a Good Day

These past couple weeks I've been pretty down on myself - between the pain of getting the wisdom teeth pulled and the stress of editing and feeling sorry for myself, it all gets a little gloom and doom.

So today was a very welcome change of pace. I had a follow-up appointment today for my wisdom tooth, the one corner where they had to cut the bone in order to remove the tooth, and they changed out the dressing. Anyway, by the time I got home I was actually in a pretty good mood, and that pretty much was sustained throughout the whole day. I mean, what a difference in everything. I had fun with the kids tonight, cooked dinner, even cheated and watched "The Departed" as well.

Oh, it should be noted though, my wife and I didn't really do anything today - we have a money issue right now, but also she had to work tonight and we didn't really plan anything anyway. But I think we were both okay about it. The kids got some Valentine's candy from Grandma, so it was all good.

But when the kids got up from their nap, we went out for a walk and the kids got on their rainboots, and they got to go splashing in puddles, which they enjoyed thoroughly. Alex got to hold a stick over the water and pretend he was fishing, and Zoe got to jump around the puddle.

I fixed spaghetti for dinner, which isn't really a big deal but it was for me, since I hadn't cooked in quite a while. The kids enjoyed their dinner and then we got to watch "The Iron Giant" tonight, which I remember was a really great movie. Well, actually I didn't watch it, instead watching "The Departed" on my laptop. It's a remake of "Infernal Affairs", starring Andy Lau and Tony Leung, which after some thought, is ultimately better than the remake because it actually had more depth than the American counterpart, which is quite rare a distinction for a Hong Kong movie. I dunno, seems like the bonds were stronger in "Infernal", but "The Departed" was still pretty good nonetheless.

Another thing I did was post some of my old stuff on youtube, including the trailer for Gonzo, Authorship, the blooper reel for Authorship, and some other interesting stuff. However, I'm not going to lead you to Youtube. Consider this a plug for The Chipper Report.

No comments: