Monday, January 29, 2007

5 Steps Forward, 2 Steps Back

Well, my relationship with the profession of videography has reached a fever pitch. I've got 5 weddings from last year that I still have to do and two that I've done already but they cited my work as incomplete - Well, technically one didn't return any of my emails so I couldn't finish their photo montage (they did mail me cute little thumbnails that I'm supposed to use in a video montage, but anyone with video or photo experience will understand how laughable that is.), so I gave them an extra DVD in place of that, and put their clips online. The other one wanted the whole DVD re-authored because I got the date wrong, which is my fault, but goddamnit - it's a pain the ass. Reimport, rerender, and reburn... Jeez.

Anyway, putting off the job search till I get all these videos out of my life. Can't delay them any longer. So I've just been knee-deep in editing, my head in an endless loop of montages. The latest one I did was to Footloose - they were dancing to the song so I edited the footage in. It's cooler than it sounds, really.

Adjusting to my glasses a little more, though it still feels more like vanity glasses than functional ones. Every night when I go to bed, I think, well, they weren't that bad. And every morning when I put them on, I think - What the hell is on my face? Where's the rest of it? How do I keep my long, beautiful eyelashes from hitting the lenses? Why are my jammies wet again? Why are there chains attached to my wrists? Why aren't I in my cage? Why am I outdoors? Why are people throwing coins at me?

On kid duty now, so I can't do any more editing till their bedtime, but I'll attempt a little of it downstairs. After a good few months of using the Mac Mini as a media center, it's back at the desk, attached to a monitor. The Wii has replaced the internet surfing, email checking aspect of it, and my ipod and its speakers has also displaced the musical aspect of it. The slideshow in the living room is nice, but it's just running on the computer now. Oh well, at least all I spent on converting it to a media center was 19 bucks.

No comments: