Friday, January 26, 2007

New Glasses, But Not New Job

Well, like a fat bridesmaid with a skin condition, the insurance company that I interviewed for yesterday sent me an email today stating that I was not insurance material. It wasn't really a surprise and at the same time, it was slightly disappointing. I think if the job was indeed going out on the field and settling claims fairly, and to the customer's favor, then I would probably do well. But the reality of it is, I would be working for the company, therefore I should be trying to save the company money, not giving it away.

I guess I'm free to talk about it now, but it's nothing new from what I mentioned yesterday, except that the insurance company was Farmers Insurance. There's even an entire website dedicated to putting the company down. And after reading some of the job descriptions, I wasn't really sure if it was something that I could do. I mean, I'm a big pansy. I like to entertain, nuture, and grope. I'm not really the cutthroat type at all. I guess it's back to the job boards.

------



So I got my new glasses today, and I feel like I'm looking through magnifying glasses. They look better than my current glasses in the sense that they don't make me look like a tard, but they feel very different. As the folks at Lenscrafters said, they're the trendy look. I'm thinking, "I'm not trendy or current. I'm reliable and boring!"

The new Ray Bans are a little odd, and everytime I look in the mirror I try to see if the rectangular shape does indeed enhance my face. Or make it stand out. It sure is giving me a heck of a headache though. I'd imagine I'll be braindead by the end of the day.

------

Speaking of dead things, my wife accidently closed the car door on her pinkie today, and it's a gorgeous shade of black now. She was hopping in pain up and down the street, and her Dance of Pain was too animated for me not to laugh insensitively. Hey man, picture Napolean (she was holding her damaged hand under her jacket, so she looked like Napolean in stance) hopping around looking like she was doing a rain dance with a full bladder on hot coals. It's all that.

Well, I have to go stare at something neutral to calm my brain now. Maybe a wall or something. That sounds good.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

hahahaha ... those frames are kinda like mine !! you are getting closer and closer to the dansen look!! before you know it, you might become me!! horrors!! haha..

oh and i also laughed at your "MIND RAPING" job interview blog below, i even kinda snorted orange at one point, you really got to write a book or something, i like your writing style.