Friday, June 20, 2008

Rotten Apple

Damnit all to monkey hell.

The Mac Mini usually just runs all day, and sometimes it does go for days without a reboot. Anyway, either this neglect or some other gremlin induced phenomena has caused the mini to be sluggish. I took it to the mac shop, spent 99 bucks on diskwarrior before finally deciding that it was all moot and I would just reinstall the OS. I hooked up the iBook, and then the iBook decided, well, screw it, that looks like fun.

So my iBook is now wacky, doesn't even advance beyond the startup screen. This is causing considerable grief for me because the Mac Mini is mostly for casual use, but my iBook has all my shit on it. Disk Warrior can't even read the drive, neither can that firewire target mode. I might possibly lose a lot of important files, including a chunk of photos from San Fran that I hadn't uploaded to Flickr yet. So I'm just sitting around the house. Moping and a little angry. I'm going to the Genius bar tomorrow in hopes of a miracle, but I have strong doubts about a positive outcome. Sigh.

No comments: