Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Assorted kites are casting unique shadows on the wind swept grass, and the kids are shouting indiscernable commands and squeals to each other. Alex is running around, likely playing an entirely different game than the rest of the kids, and Zoe is speaking in a whiny, draggy drone. She's probably a little hot, bored, and thirsty. My wife and I are just sitting here in the sun, chilling.

I have to say that I'm not one of those kite flying types - the constant challenge of trying to keep something in flight while its natural inclination is to do otherwise isn't meditative or carefree in my eyes. I don't have anything against those who do, I just don't think much of it. Unfortunately, neither do the kids. They got bored with it rather quickly and decided to do other things.

I got to sleep in a little this morning and we went to dimsum, and I have a whole book to go through that the kids and wife made for me, and we dropped off my mom before coming to gasworks.

No comments: