Thursday, June 19, 2008

Despite or perhaps I'm always harping Macs as the greatest things since shaved chihuahuas, my mac mini decided this week to act really freaking slow. Took it into the mac shop and his diagnosis was not very promising - either my disk directory was corrupted and needed repair, or the drive itself was on its way out.

I tried the first of three options he offered, to archive and reinstall the os and hope that its all good. But that didn't work, so I had to go to option B, which involved spending 99 bucks for Disk Warrior, supposedly either a supergreat utilty app or an overpriced coaster. Anyway, I've got my macs hooked up now running the darn thing. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Alex's speech has caused some concern with my wife, she suspects that he might have a hearing problem, while I'm guessing its just his scattered attention. But we've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow for a hearing test. I don't imagine its anything serious. I think he slurs his speech because we let him. His words all meld together so sometimes hetalkssomethinglikethis. I think the biggest issue is we need to specifically acquire his attention before we talk to him.

No comments: