Saturday, April 26, 2008

De-Zombie-fied!

Finally, my overtime debacle is over and I am, at least temporarily, human again. Having worked 60 hours last week, 52 hours this week, including my 12 and a half hours yesterday, I went into a self induced coma last night and slept about 10 hours. I was just dog tired last night after being on my feet for 12 hours.

This morning when I woke up next to my wife and said my first words, she said immediately, "There's my husband." Evidently when I'm tired, I become a completely different entity.

So while waiting for my phat paycheck next friday, we are busy making plans to spend every dime we've earned. Bunk beds, new clothes, birthday funds for the grandkids, perscription sunglasses, and of course, GTA IV and Mariokart later this week. Its almost tempting to just take Wednesday off, haul the ps3 into the room, and just play until my eyeballs peel off my face.

All my fawning about NPR and one of my favorite shows is actually not NPR. It might be PRI or something, but its "This American Life," hosted by Ira Glass. This weeks episode, called "Mistakes Were Made", was about Bob Nelson, who was into cryogenics in the 60s, and they were so rudimentary in their implementation of preserving the bodies that it involved several bodies in a metal container that was cooled with liquid nitrogen and dry ice. Then things turned for the worst. Fascinating stuff, free for download this week, so do check it out.

Started watching "Rome" on DVD, as well as "Gun". The latter was a HBO series that has a good deal of sex and violence, as well as a pretty good storyline. It makes for careful and discreet watching at work. "Gun" was a anthology series in the early nineties, interesting in concept as we follow a gun through different hands in each episode, but it only lasted six episodes. The one I watched first was okay, a bit silly in realism, but that's just me.

Well, gonna spend the day with the fam now!

No comments: