Thursday, March 13, 2008

Phone bloggin'

Since production at work has been ground to a halt for the fourth week in a row, and I'm just daft sick of taping floors, making labels, and staving off boredom by pretending to read company policies on the computer but in fact, am actually staring at the computer screen with glossed eyes listening to my podcasts. I decided to take a voluntary day off so now I have a four day weekend. Which allowed me to have this super slumber whereby I dreamt that I slept for over two whole days. Every moment I woke up and then went back to sleep, dreams would surge right back in like I never ever woke up. Its kinda nice.

Work has been a little interesting in a way. One of my coworkers got selected for the hiring process earlier this week - package of info and the works. That was Monday. By Tuesday he was dropped when they found out he didn't finish high school. My new co-worker, whom I suspect makes either the same or a tad higher than me, told me that he never even did high school. Later that day he asked me how to spell, "since" and "college" while he was emailing. Now I'm not acting elitist in the slightest bit, but it does bother me that I spent all that time in college for seemingly nuts all. The other interesting thing, if you want to call it that, instead of a workplace accident, was when I put a labeler down and accidently squirted a stream of alcohol on my face. My thick ass dork glasses saved my eyesight once again, and my face was very clean after that. After that, I got micromanaged by some co-workers and I just thought, that's it. Taking the day off.

Yesterday my wife had the distinct pleasure of taking our kids to the dentist, and while Zoe was a good little patient, Alex got a little freaked and didn't last for more than two minutes. He has another appointment next week, so we might just try the approach of handing him over to the dentist completely, and waiting in the waiting room. The idea is that if we're not there elude to, he might just learn to cope.

Well, I might blog from the phone differently, maybe directly into blogger. I hate to reformat the breaks from the post on the computer afterwards.

I'm not certain how it got to where it was, but Zoe mentioned that Swiper didn't like to hold the skunk, and my wife asked why.

"Because smoke comes out of his bottom," explained Zoe.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

i can feel you on the coworkers thing, i technically work with pplz that have to have diplomas in order to get a job over here, and keep in mind me is stoopid, i cant spell worth krap and all that, but sometimes they say the most surprising things like "Whats a pronoun?" And yeah. Thats a hard question I guess. But they are being paid money to teach this stuff, ya know.

I think my cellphone feeds line brakes to blogger, i think you have to set a setting in blogger to read line brakes? or maybe feed it the "carriage return" character from your phone? (maybe under special characters) or something?

and btw, zoe seems perfectally logical to me. in a cartoon, stinky smells are represented by a "smoke cloud" so that makes sense to assume it is really literally a smoke cloud. ya dig? :) still cute