Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29. WTF kind of Day was that all about?

Seriously, I'm expecting to just wake up any moment now, after finding out that I've been living out June 29 in an alternate universe, whereby a much unluckier shadow of myself found June 29 to be "Bend Over" day.

It makes me almost glad that I don't work quite yet, or that I didn't really have any major plans today. It would've just been terrible. I would've fallen off scaffoldings, got crushed by a semi, or dropped out of the sky if I had any other profession than stay at home Dad. All the forces that could possibly work against me did today, and today was supposed to be such a cool day.

iPhone came out today, and though I wasn't going to be able to afford such a cool thing, it was nonetheless exciting to see other people just freaking out about an Apple product like that. Also, Ratatouille and Sicko came out today, two movies that I really want to watch this summer. The former is probably more likely, since I don't think my kids have any interest in exposes on American Healthcare.

But no, the day started kind of late. For odd reasons, I slept in (the allergy medicine works!) and then went downstairs. The PC was not only down, it had the blue screen of death. I looked it up and I guess there's something wrong with the file system, which means I should log onto my mac, buy a firearm online, then wait for it to arrive so that I can shoot the damn PC. But like a logical person, I tried to troubleshoot it, by looking for solutions. One of the ways to fix it was to reboot from the XP disc, but of course, the PC's CD drive was long dead. Either the kids have killed it or, well, it's a PC. I plugged in an external drive, but it just wouldn't take it. So I just moved my Mac mini to my Mom's desk. Death to the PC. She can just use my computer. Time for her to stop using the square wheel.

Anyway, my wife wanted the kids to get a haircut, so we walked to the Hair Masters close by our place. I filled in the sign in as one person, my wife, and then checked off "1" in the adult cut box, and "2" in the kid cut box. There was no one else there, so I didn't reckon that it was going to be an issue. Another guy stopped in about 5 minutes later, and signed in as well. When one of the two stylists was done, my wife clarified that we did have two kids as well, so she had her sign them in after the guy. So, it was:

My wife.
The guy.
Alex.
Zoe.

And the stylist called the guy back. At this point, I was a little irritated because:

a) My wife obviously does not want 2 Child's cut and 1 Adult Cut. Anyone can see that she only has one head.

b) Error withstanding, my wife's name was still ahead of the guy.

So I'm huffing, irritating, fumes emitting from my ears and all that. I'm basically ignoring what the kids are doing at this point, because it was one of those stores that failed to have any toys, or even kids books laying around. But it's okay. It'll be okay.

The guy who wasn't really ahead of us is done, right. Then the stylist - no joke - says to the other stylist that SHE IS GOING ON LUNCH. I'm severely irritated now, because we got one stylist who is working on my wife, and two kids whose good behavior is slowly morphing into running around, taking stuff off the shelves, and Zoe locking the front door (which I wasn't aware of till someone tried to come in).

Some point later, a blond lady comes in and the "on lunch" stylist said there were two kids ahead of her, and then it was going to be about a half hour. Anyway, to shorten the story, the stylist stuck my wife under a hair dryer even though my wife said not to, she gave Alex a funny looking crew cut, and only Zoe's turned out well. She did give us a haircut free, but as I was leaving, I noticed that the blond woman who was behind us was still waiting in her chair, while two newer customers were getting their cuts.

Maybe they don't understand the concept of lists.

We walked over to QFC and Panda Palace to get some food, and this lady somehow got my order FUBARed. I wanted a two item entree, and she was explaining that it was a 3 item entree, and even when she opened up the box, there was only two... I just paid for it. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Oh no, not done yet.

I had put up Alex's car seat on sale in Craigslist, and one person had passed, but someone showed interest. So she came around at 7:30, and then she offered 25 bucks instead of the 30 I requested, right before "price is firm." Wilbur, our cat then ran out the front door, and then she said she was going to pass. She didn't know we had cats, and she didn't want car hair on the car seat. I explained 3 things to her, but she decided to pass. The three things:

1. The seat cover is washable. I totally expect anyone to wash it before they use it anyway, thus getting rid of any errant hairs.

2. It's a freakin' car seat. It was in the car. Cats don't ride cars, drive, or substitute for my children if they don't feel like going to the store.

3. It was in the garage after we stopped using it. Not a cat scratching post, not a cat bed, we don't strap the cats in the seat belt because it's cute.

So anyway, my interaction with the world is just horrible today. Let's hope it won't leak over till tomorrow because I've got a wedding to do. Stupid freak day.

No comments: