Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cross Crunch

That's the ad on TV.

---

So I've gotten desperate about the job hunting, pretty much hanging a sign around my neck, flashing some thigh, and hoping that someone will at least pay not to have sex with me. But nobody's really biting. I don't think I've applied to this many positions - last week was about 6, this week about the same. 2 on Monday, and 4 today. This wouldn't be a big deal except I practically rewrite every resume and cover letter for each position, mostly because I am applying for different sorts of jobs. Hopefully one of the ones today will click, at least for an interview. Haven't even gotten to second base for most of these guys.

---

So I got Resident Evil 4 couple days ago, and have been playing it intermittedly because of kids/wife seeing material that's a bit much for them. For the most part, it isn't exactly super scary, but certainly scary enough. I play with the volume lower than usual, and I take cautious steps in the game.

And what do I think of the game? Fantastic. It's a tough game - some stages, especially the initial surge of villagers (they're not zombies, but infected people who just want to kill you), are really quite tough. It's not a cakewalk, and it's not so difficult that one would just throw the controller down in frustration. The controls took a bit of getting used to, but now it's a cinch.

The game does everything just right - just the right amount of bullets, the right amount of difficulty, and the right amount of challenge to keep things interesting. The enemies aren't a one shot kill, often taking several hits before going down. Glitches are few and far between - the one time when I shot a leg and the head exploded was pretty funny.

But yeah, really having fun with the game.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

sitting here amused by the space aged world we live in, im eating "cup of pasta" its not instant noodles, its instant pasta, complete with powder that magically turned into pasta sauce, weird-trippy.
uhm anyway, goodluck with work, i had a 6 month headache when i got back from hong kong last year, so it can be rough dude. goodluck!! ps. with all that talk of shooting things in the head combined with your other gems of content, you will have some really weird google random hits i guess haha can anyone say "golden showers and head shots"? haha