Saturday, February 24, 2007

Random Weekend News

One can always tell when it's deadline time - I'm running around being more productive than humanly possible. I actually do my work when I'm supposed to and goofing off is kept to a minimum. Now if only I could do that all the time I should be successful and rich.

Next Wednesday is the deadline, and I've got two computers running to perform the necessary steps to get it done on time. Of course, the deadline is sorta flexible, kinda, but I'd just like to get that done and out of the way. I always get this sense of accomplish and happiness when I watch the final product, like, well, that was pretty good. And that's the truth. I am getting better, my techniques are more polished, and the end result looks pretty darn snazzy. Too bad I'd rather be doing something else.

-----

Tonight my little girl is not feeling well. It was right after dinnertime, after she's complained about her tummy, and then right before bed, she just wanted to cuddle. Usually she's running around during night being noisy and wacky and it tough to get her to stay in bed, but tonight she just laid in bed and wanted to go to sleep. We're worried about her - she's got a slight temperature, so we'll be keeping an eye on her to make sure that she's okay. Poor Zoe.

------

So in between the editing, I decided to get a move on with the script, and started writing a treatment for the story in my head. Then I read another because my first treatment was too detailed, and I'd end up having a bit of a read if I kept that up. It's nice though, to have to think ahead and figure out the details of the story. Down to the third half, and still a bunch of plot holes I have to fill. But it's serious drama, none of my usual dick-in-eye jokes or attempts to be humorous. I don't know how it'll turn out, and I still don't know if I should write within a budget. Maybe having a fleet of spaceships in my script might be a terrible idea. But no, really. This script is pretty low concept. Deals with how a murder impacts some individuals and causes a chain reaction of sorts. The plot isn't necessarily fresh, but hopefully the execution will be passable.

------

Well, got more work to do, starting with picking up me mum. Yes, I like to drop mad bombs once in a while, but that's just the alcohol speakin'.

God, I sound like Dansen.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

i read all the entries in your blog down to the found picture of you on flikr (genius-ly cool) and i was going to comment on each, but its 2:30 in the morning, i should get to beeeed! must say tho, how did that sound like me??? hehe thanks for the shout out though