Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Doctor Day

Well, it's been about 2 hours waiting here at the doctor's office while my Mom is getting a cortisone injection for her shoulder, and even though I have an hour of power left on the laptop, I'm more or less ready to get going. I didn't have time to get breakfast, so I'm just starving right now. Furthermore, the waiting room of this office has some pretty hot sun coming in from the windows, so the back of my head, I'm sure, is much darker than the front of my head. I've taken to sitting on the ground to avoid some of the sun, but even so, I'm still baking.

Watched a handful of podcasts, but most of them are still on the hard drive at home, so I did what I could muster. Then I looked at some of the photos and tried to organize them, but I got bored. Then I tried spell-checking my American Babies archives, and man, I can be a terrible speller at times. I also found it disturbing that I use the phrase, "Hee hee" a lot of times. Too often for my tastes. I also make up a handful of words that sound conversation, like:

Didja
Gonna
Lemme
kinda
indeedy

And a lot of other words, except adding the "y" at the end or "iness". Making a whole new language, I am.

Well, looks like I have to relocate again. My head's overheating. Maybe I'll just look at the sun and get the other side tanned.

--------

It's been half an hour and the nurse just said that it would be another half hour, making it a nice 3 and a half hours. Whee. I have a dental appointment at 2pm, so if she's not ready in half an hour, I'll have to leave her here and take off for the dental appointment. We'll see.

--------

My dental appointment went pretty well, considering I was anxious about the whole experience and I told the dentist that I was pretty much the biggest chicken this side of the coop. They were pretty nice about the whole thing - enough babying to let me know that I was in good hands, but not so much that they weren't going to get any work done. I guess from the preliminary visit, I've got two decaying wisdom teeth that need to come out (that's why I haven't formed a logical thought for ages - my wisdom's rotting away!), and I have to get each quardrant of my mouth deep cleaned, which would be a hundred thirty each visit, with laughing gas! They said I would just feel pain, except I just wouldn't care much about it.

So this Thursday are the kids first dental visit, and we'll see how that flies.

--------

The appointment took an hour and a half, and by the time I went back for my mom, it was 3 something, almost 4 in the afternoon. And this is from a 10:15 am appointment... I guess she didn't even get that cortisone injection, and on top of that, she actually got sick (from something else) and didn't feel very good at all. We didn't get home till 4 something, so my whole day was pretty much just doctor's visits.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

first off, i hope you didnt change too much of your silly language things in american baby archive.. i kinda enjoy nicky-language, its fun!!!!! wooowoo!

second off, dang, thats a lot of doctor stuff, if they werent injecting her shoulder, what were they doing for all that time? playing pattycake? wowsers