Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chuck E. Cheese, Archiving, Illegal Activities

I promised my son last night that we'd try to go to a playground or something today, since the weather really has been restrictive to what they can do for activities. They play at home, sure, and they climb over everything - but I thought it would be nice to take them somewhere where they could run around and be monkeys. I guess I still kinda owe him that because we went to Chuck E. Cheese instead.

I considered it because it was in the Entertainment book, and that book is like one of those things that make you feel guilty if you don't use it. Like "oh, I could've saved money if I used this book, but since I didn't, I'm going to hell broke." So it was a toss up because the Everett Children's Museum (not really a museum, mind you. More like an indoor playground.) or Chuck E. Cheese. And since the kids and I haven't been to one ever (my wife did a long time ago), we decided to give it a shot.

Well, there's about a 5% playground element in there, not really enough to qualify as a place for kids to run around. It was pretty swamped with kids and parents, all running from ride to ride, game to game. I think it was a bit of a sensory overload for the kids, because of all the noise and lights and buttons and other kids. But we got a pretty good coupon, and they got a lot out of the rides, and us parents got a little something too.

I made the mistake of delaying our lunch for 2 hours, and that place is not really worth 2 hours of fun. Honestly, like an hour would be a lot, but you know kids. They like their fun. We had to deny Alex actually meeting Chuck, or whatever the rat's name is, because he was doing his gig for the birthday party, and Alex wasn't part of the party. So he cried - until I let him drive on a wave rider video game. That pretty much distracted him.

But we think the kids had fun anyway.

---------

One of my passive tasks have been uploading my collection of photos to Imagestation - I have this fear that one day my hardware would just fail and I'd lose all the photos I've taken - just like that. I think honestly this idea came up when we were considering moving to Hawaii - if a Tsunami or a flood wiped out our home there, all the photos would be gone. So I had to upload them somewhere online just in case. I ultimately decided on Imagestation because it was free (4 bucks a year if I needed the original resolution), there was no goofy ass limit on storage or bandwidth, and it belongs to a company that would be around for a while. Flickr gets spendy, Twango has limits on bandwidth, and dotphoto's downloading can be a pain. I have about four gigs online now, but I have about... Gosh, at least 20-25 gigs of photos? A lot.

---------

So I was looking up postings for jobs, and decided to apply for a job in insurance, because I felt like my soul needed to be compromised, and I was asked on the online questionaire: Do you have a valid license? Yes. Then it asked for my license number, and when I looked it up I found out something strange. That date on the license that seemed so far away had come and gone. My license had expired since my last birthday, so I've been driving around illegally for the past four months. So in addition to not being able to apply for that job, now I have to go get my license renewed on Tuesday, 'cause on Mondays the DMV have their weekly animal sacrifices. Can't imagine if I got pulled over though. The fine would've hurt.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

you illegal man you!
hahaha
yeah twangos image limit is kind of annoying,.. wheres your image station link? did i miss it? or do you have all your photos on there so you cant share? heeheeheeehahaha


ps..
i read the chuckie cheese thing and it brought back memories of the one and only time i went to chuckie cheese as a kid. i had been invited to go with a neighborhood church group to experience god (at chuckie cheese, no doubt) and after a greesy cheesy pizza and a no show from the rat we went home. on the ride home the whole van of boys teased me, saying I loved the pastors daughter, who was sitting in the front seat. they sang a mean chant about it, and pointed at me. just like a movie. the weirdest thing is i hadnt even noticed her until that, but after that when i saw her i would remember the boys attempting to shame me. the one who had started singing was the only boy who would talk to me, who had said he was my friend.
wow. gush. hows that for a gem of gold burried on your comment system for one or two people to read? :p
hehehe well. uhm yeah, that was a mental pooping.