Friday, May 2, 2008

Even though our content is hastily structured and a little thin on actual useful information, its still fun to do the podcast with Dansen. We have gone from a badly recorded first episode to a unsynced one to finally, a cleaner record with the third. I highly suspect that number 4 will be upgraded to video. Check it out at www.pizzabento.com. This weekend i'll probably work on bumping up the production a bit and trying to get it on feedburner, which is one step before registering it for listing on itunes. It won't amount to much probably, but its fun to get chatty with Dansen, reminisce of Japan Radio, a college radio show that we used to do together. Only difference now is that its not broadcasting at midnight and our likelihood of being pulled over by campus cops is nil.

So here's the report of GTA IV, a rather incomplete one since I've only spent about 4 hours playing the game. The single player thus far is pretty fun, the graphics took me a while to get used to, since the lighting is now more realistic, thus the colors will be more muted. Like during a sunrise, everythings just shades of yellow and orange, which is more of a artistic choice and not a technical limitation of the console. I have to say though, Liberty City in a helicopter at night is awesome. Watching the halo of mist skirt off the surface of the water as your chopper hovers over it is something to behold. The gunplay is much improved, the radio stations are ridiculous, and the multiplayer is pretty cool - when it works. That's probably the only gripe about the ps3 multiplayer. The first day it just wasn't working, and subsequent days its been better, but a lot of games have sparse population. I'd be playing deathmatch and I would be after just one guy. But its a must have for any adult anyway, its a hard R for sure. I just purchased a cheapie bluetooth for the multiplayer which I could probably use for my computer and my phone, and my wife said, "So you're one of those people." She's refering to the people who have the headset permanently fused to their ears, people who harbor a sense of self-importance, so important that they can't miss any calls at all, but also require both their hands to do their great feats. Yes, i'll be one of those people. Except I probably wouldn't wear them outside unless I was driving. Only then. Even then.

Got my new prescription sunglasses today and they are spiffy. One of the least favorite traits I've inherited from my mom is her intolerance to sunlight glare. I used to only imagine how she felt but now I know the splitting headaches that come with a bright and sunny day.

No comments: