Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One Hour Review

I didn't really get to dive into the game as much as I would've like, since children and GTA doesn't really mix well. And I don't really know if its because I'm running the game on standard definition, but the game actually doesn't look as good as I had envisioned it. Its still impressive for sure, but maybe I was just driving in the neighborhoods which have mediocre backgrounds. But I'm looking forward to spending more time with the game this weekend, since we're all caught up at work and I can have me some three day weekend rest and play.

I'm officially ticked at GameCrazy, which is like a bastard spinoff of Hollywood video. I've had one annoying tiff with them when they didn't have my Resident Evil 4 preorder in stock because of a delayed delivery. Then yesterday, I tried to claim my preorder and was told that I didn't even exist. My last name wasn't in there, a mispelling of my last name wasn't in there, even my phone number was non-existent. I told him that I had even signed up for a MVP account, which basically was an annual membership that alloted discounts for used games, but he said I wasn't in there. He asked rookie questions like, are you sure it was this store - and proceeded to call said store to verify that I wasn't in their system, and asked if it wasn't maybe Gamestop. Anyway, they did find my name after all, but my last name was listed as my brother's first name. So yeah, they managed to enroll me into their precious membership using me and my brother's first names as my whole name, and also losing my phone number. So no more preorders for these jokers.

In other news, I'm growing increasing agitated about a wedding that we're going to next Thursday, and they haven't even told us what time it starts. That's just ridiculous.

No comments: