Wednesday, April 30, 2008

GTA Anticipation

Today is Happy GTA day!

I've got a pre-order so I'm fairly confident in securing a copy, although Gamecrazy has disappointed me in the past. I remember I had to wait an additional day for Resident Evil 4 because they didn't have deliveries that day, and even when they came in, nobody called. Oh well, can't expect much from a store run by teenagers for the most part.

Been a little on the tired side, but maybe i'll catch up on sleep throughout the week. Doubtful though, when I factor in GTA I doubt I will get much sleep. I anticipate getting some online play on the game, but as always, I hate to be playing the game with people who've spent hours every day honing in their skills, and therefore rendering me useless when I get in there.

Alex got a GI Joe ship and he's just enamored with it. He keeps telling me how cool it is and how the stickers look cool, and how he can fire missles and press buttons and generally rock his world. And then I thought about how kids might be moving away from traditional toys into electronic toys and videogames, and how sad a state that leaves to a child's imagination.

Found out that itunes had season 1 of "This American Life", the tv series that was on Showtime channel, on its store. I sorta heard about it before, but since I wouldn't have gotten Showtime just for that, I'm considering downloading the season for 10.99. Or maybe just wait for it to be on DVD and then just rent the thing. I just listened to the podcast and its really just so good. After every episode, I always get this uplifted, inspired sensation running through my mind, like the kind I get after watching a really good movie. Trouble is, sometimes I do get a little teary listening to it. It's a weakness I have. Its my emotional side sucumbing to life's details.

Well, this ends it for now. I expect the next post to be GTA intensive. I apologize in advance.

No comments: