Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chinese food

Blogging on the go is certainly a welcome addition to my bag of tricks, but I'm still working the spotty formatting that comes with the territory. What looks fine on the phone has some dubious line breaks and that means I have to get back into blogger, eliminate all the "br" html from the page, and then republish it. Not difficult by any means, but a hassle nonetheless. So for now i'll be emailing myself the post, and just plugging it up on blogger when I get to a computer. I could always write directly to blogger, but then anxiety causes my brain to freeze up and i'll have nothing to write about.

One of the things that my Mum enjoys is to watch the kids, especially Alex, eat Dim Sum. So we went again today, and the boy was trying to eat his equivalent in weight. Everything that was put on his plate was devoured with precision and gusto. I tried not to let my hand linger too long over his plate in fear that it might get eaten too. The boy had three baos and an assorted of Siew Mai, Har Gow, and other assorted goodies. As always, by the end of the meal I turned into the human recycling project, eatiing all the leftovers that others couldn't or wouldn't finish. Leftover Dim Sum is not any good, so I might as well just eat the damned things.

But Alex would maneuver his chopsticks patiently, squeezing the two sticks with enough pressure to get the food in his mouth. And then he was in his own world, chewing on the food and just enjoying the bountiful tastes dancing on his tongue.

He doesn't quite believe he's Chinese, but he did choose a dragon t-shirt today because he knew he was going to have "china food". He knows that grandma and Daddy are Chinese, but he has a different idea about what it would take to make him Chinese. Zoe also did well, perhaps their appetite in the morning is a little stronger and more adventurous, who knows.

Well, the tough part of planning for our road trip to San Fran is done. I got a room through hotwire and so now, the vehicle and lodging accomodations are done. Now we just have to worry about time management, what to see in the city, and how much advil and dramamine to pack. I've got some pretty good ideas, but now with my sidekick's internet accessibility coupled with my GPS, I'm practically unstoppable.

I welcome and dread the return to work tomorrow. Earning money is a good thing, but I just wish there was actually something to do at work. But it certainly is the end of me taking extra days off. I've already burned through half my PTO so far.

Alex is like the terminator of trouble. He scans the room, looks for the thing he's not supposed to do the most, and gets to it. Was I ever this cheeky? I think later on in my childhood, maybe.

Nice, he just kicked me in the neck. Paralysis will soon follow.

No comments: