Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Coolest Job

My Mom seriously has the coolest job. Well, not for her, but more for me. See, she is in charge of the lost and found, and when an item comes in and none of the hotel staff had reserved it, my mom will claim her name on it. After three months and if no guests claim it, then it's hers. So the last big claim she's gotten was the 20 gig iPod, so that was pretty cool.

Yesterday she came downstairs, and with the same indifferent nonchalance, she handed me a case and asked me if it was useful to me. I opened it and just about flipped out - it was a Nintendo DS game case with 8 DS games and one dubious "Elf" GBA game. Although there were a couple duplicate games I already had or have, and a couple of weird card based kiddy games, the rest are actually top shelf games. New Super Mario, Star Wars Lego 2, Viewtiful Joe, and Mario 64. And since I've been unable to actually play these games because Alex is using them for potty training, I did what any rational person would do. I took the duplicates and lesser liked games and traded them in, and got a used DS at EB Games for around 58 bucks. So now I actually have two DS-es, and I reclaimed my red DS which has, so far, no scratches yet on the touch screen. The used one has some barely visible ones. Not too bad though.

Anyway, now I can actually have my DS again, which is kinda nice. I stopped playing it because it was always in the bathroom.

---


My uncle and aunt are going to visit from Canada - they moved out to Canada about a year before I did, and though I do have three younger cousins, they opted out of the trip so I won't be seeing them. I don't know how to really feel about it, since my uncle was always one of them uncles who would not really talk to their nephews, just give them money once in a while for their birthdays. I'm less of a nephew and more of my father's son, I suppose. My aunt has left a bit more of an impression on me, but not much more. They're pretty nice as far as I remember them. When we first moved to the States, we did go visit them for about a week or so. That was 17 years ago. Of my three cousins, one of them I haven't even met yet since he wasn't born yet.

Oh well, better get some work done.

Oh yeah, I think I'm still gunning for the PSP. At least for now.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

maybe your mom will find a PSP! haha maybe you could go to her hotel and "help" someone loose it! hahahahah joking.. but yeah, maybe !!

the part about how they moved to canada before i did? kind of lost me, you never moved to canada did you? was that a "confuse google so no body can find me" kind of thing or did you move to canada? whats going on??!?!

my (maybe not so new) techno lust is those cheap (relatively) small new hiDef video cameras.. nice!

oh oh, and i have compassion about the relatives thing... all my inlaws are middle class and because im poor they always kind of snubbed me at family gatherings, that kind of sucks... although ironically one aunt who is super rich (w0rks at micros$$ft) and her family were the ones who would pay attention to us and didnt seem to care so much about us being poor little dweebs. anyway, family is an odd thing! goodluck!