Thursday, March 1, 2007

Um, Okay

For some reason it decided to snow tonight, which was kind of weird. It was hailing earlier, and then it just dumped some snow on us. But it'll be gone by tomorrow, so the kids won't even get to play around in it.

-----

So my mom went to the doctor's finally today, after a week or so of coughing. She said that it was so bad last night she contemplated having me drive her to the ER, because she had problems breathing after coughing. And of course, as I had suspected, she had caught a case of pneumonia, likely from my wife who is just recovering from it. Since I'm of a different species, I haven't gotten it yet. The kids haven't caught it either, though they've got some kind of ear infection, because they can't seem to listen real well.

Lately, we've had to fight the kids over meal times like the Dickens. Charles, that is. They would just stall or play during mealtime, and Zoe will straight out pout through the whole meal, making Daddy very very cranky. Nothing makes me more cranky than things not going as planned. I've also been having a hard time with the kids - I think a huge part of it is because they're bored, and I don't know what to do with them. I would take them out, but it's too cold to do anything and I detest going to the mall just to kill time. I would teach them games, but between the two of them, with one being bored and wandering off and the other making up their own rules, it gets to be just problematic as hell. We tried playing Candyland a while back and I couldn't do it. I tried to explain and follow the rules, but the anal side of me prevailed and I had to give up on any kind of rules.

So while Zoe's extending her lips by pouting and not eating, Alex has been overconfident and a bit of a bully. He's got his own agenda a lot of times, and most of it has to do with intimidating Zoe or pretending he's kicking someone's ass. When I've disciplined him a few times, he'll just look at me without any sign of regret. Sigh. We've really got to step up the parenting here. Got a couple teenagers in our hands.

----

I've been in a bit of a limbo here. When my weddings are encoding, I can't do a whole lot. So I've been goofing off a lot today, doing a little of this, a little of that. Had my teeth cleaned yesterday. Had nitrous and I had to ask them to give me more because I was feeling the pain.

My eyes are starting to burn. It started after the 4th hour of video games. Gotta go.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

just checking in to say ie been upto date with my diegoblog fix, i need more diego-crack! haha sounds wrong.. uhm yeah anyway, you know that show super nanny? she has like a "time out" chair that kids have to go to and stuff for punishment and etc.. know what im talking about? anyway, goodluck!