Friday, March 30, 2007

Our Wedding Anniversary

It's hard to think that it's been four years already since you and I got hitched, and a lot of things have changed since, but the thing that stays the same is how easy it is to be with you. Can't think of anything that hasn't been said before, but I'm sure fortunate to have a best friend for a wife. Someone who can tell jokes on par with me and also make sure that I'm emotionally fulfilled. I can't imagine a life without you, without the kids that we had together - it would be an existence without laughter or joy, funny faces and goofy dances, water fights and wrestling beatdowns.

You always take the time to listen to me, to nurture my aging and decaying body, to play a displacement prank on me, and to say something odd to diffuse my overpowering sense of seriousness. And I'm glad you take the time to do all those things because it reminds me of how I need to do that more to you.

I only try to be a better husband because you are a good wife to me, in fact, I don't think I'm as good a spouse as you are to me, but I'm working on that. I wish I could fulfill all your wishes and needs so that you could be as happy as you make me.

Happy happy anniversary to you!

No comments: