Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mmm... Speedlight.

My wife moaned when she heard about this and tried very, very hard not to kill me. I was pretty much over the hardware acquistion project, whereby I buy lots and lots of computers, gadgets and video equipment to fulfill my dream of becoming a living media center - a self-sufficient photography, video, and publishing studio.

Anyway, read up on the Nikon SB400, a smallish easy going speedlight that isn't your full fledged speedlight, but certainly one that meets most of my needs. Because I'm home so much, and so much of my shots of the kids are indoors, and also because I live in a state whereby sunlight is in short demand, a speedlight like that would be so great.

It costs about a hundred, which isn't small change, but it certainly isn't too out of reach. I should be coming into some wedding money soon - maybe if I do my gigolo dance and shake my ass a little, my wife will consider it. It's funny though, reading on all the photography forums, a lot of the photographers always have the wife factor. One of them had the same dilemna, and after some forum help, the guy said, "My wife curseth thee!"

The rollover photos on this review
shows what difference using a speedlight can do: I certainly didn't know.

1 comment:

Atom said...

I can relate to your desire to get that light. I feel the same way about so many little video things and lately computer things. And lately I have just been going ahead and buying them. I guess now is the time before I have more important things to pay for.

oh yeah, I don't know if i have ever sent you the link to my blog thing on here, but it should be on here, the account linked ot this name is basically just about movies I watch, and the other one paradisevendors is about the movies I work on. which will hopefully be yours soon.

dave