Monday, January 2, 2012

Procrastinating

Even though I don't technically get back to work until tomorrow, there's really some work that I should be doing right now in order to prep for work. But somehow, I'm still not doing it. Just clinging onto the last few hours of my winter break. It's some exploratory experiment I have to do for Sharepoint but I'm not versed enough to do exactly what I need to. I'll get around to it eventually. But yes, tomorrow it's back to work for me. Right now Alex has his friend Matthew over, and after a Nerf gun battle, they're settling down to play some Little Big Planet. They're just as raucous as ever, they are children that can be heard from a ways away. It's nice for Alex to find a friend especially since he's not quite on the same wavelength as the other children. I feel like that's okay, I've always been the same in that the rest of the kids are always so anxious to be grown up and hold different statuses while I've been the one who really wants to go at my own pace. Alex tends to stick closely to his pace and so far hasn't really noticed that nobody else is running alongside him. Being in this house really does make me happy - it's not about home ownership or some kind of status symbol, but just having this space and knowing that unless I don't pay my mortgage or something extraordinary happens, this is my space, and me and my family members give this home a soul. I honestly haven't taken too many photos of the kids in the house or the house itself, but I believe it's just a matter of me dropping the portable devices and spending some time doing that. Maybe right after this I'll go snap a few pics just to fill my 2012 quota of photos. After watching compliations of failed stunts and tricks on youtube with Elaine, there really is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and the line is drawn very much in sand. I've done hours behind the video camera and perhaps I never churn out anything worthy of youtube or AFV is basically I'm usually pretty mellow. I don't jump off high places or sail off ramps to impress anyone. Some might call that boring, but I prefer to think of it as self-preservation. I prefer the absence of pain over the basking of glory.

No comments: