Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week in Me

Seriously, like all week I do have interesting things that go on in my life, but I just can't find the time or don't have the energy to put anything to keyboard. But after my funky nap this afternoon, I'm now blogging on my PS3 on a big 22 inch LCD. I think each individual letter is as big as a Cheeto, because as we all know, the Cheeto is now an international standard of measurement.

Work's been slow, so I did take the afternoon off to have a fake long weekend, like a 3 and a half day weekend. It's not that great on the paycheck, and considering my unofficial plan to take the family to Disneyland next year, likely a bad move. Yes, I thought about it after listening to Kevin Smith talking about how sick of Disneyland he was on the Smodcast, and then I remembered how happy it made my wife and how much fun it would be to see the kids enjoying that vacation. I enjoyed Disneyland myself, mostly because it's a vacation, but my wife really just ate it all up. It was like she was 9 and a kid again. When we went I believe she was more impressed than Jael was at the time, and she was like 12.
Maybe younger. So I would imagine 4 and 5 is a pretty good age for the kids, since they still get a kick out of giant cartoon characters.

I'm really digging the PS3, and will probably love it more later this week. They finally implemented Flash 9 into the browser, which improves the viewing pleasure of certain video sites like blip.tv where you can find PIZZA BENTO and on hulu, which is where I watched the Simpsons yesterday. It's stupid they even took so long to do the damn thing, but better late than never. Also, this Sunday means Rock Band 2, and later in the week Little Big Planet. I still don't know how I feel about the game, I feel like I should get it because there's all this hype and it might be appealing for the kids, even though I'd rather go all adult and wander into Far Cry 2, Dead Space, or Bioshock. Damn. Crazy shooters. I dunno, I suppose in the long run, LBP might have more mileage because of the infinite possibilities.

The absentee ballots came in the mail today, which was a bit of a relief because I wasn't completely sure if I was still in the system. I voted earlier this year, but I was a little foggy about whether or not they'd forget me. But that's cool. This is going to be a big year. And I wish I had Spike Lee's complete committment to his belief. I heard a couple interviews whereby he says, "No, not if Obama gets elected. When he is elected, he'll be...." And even Obama himself is reminding people that no matter what the polls say, don't get complacent and then it's all cinched up. You gotta go out there and place that vote and not expect that it'll go that way.

Well, kids' show is over. Gotta go take care of stuff.

1 comment:

Atom said...

I didn't know that they added that stuff to PS3. I used to love watching youtube videos on it, but it was annoying not to be able to really watch video anywhere else. I really need to get internet at home. It would be great to be able to use Hulu on the TV as I don't have cable.

I usually just torrent stuff, and then put it on a hard drive that i have hooked up to the TV. But that is a pain in the ass without internet at home too. I am sitting in a mall that is half owned by the local college waiting to download the newest Office episode.

I spent most of the afternoon playing Rock Band 2. Pretty awesome song selection so far, only one that I hate so far. Hopefully it isn't repeated a lot.

I don't know if you are really into politics, but I am obsessed with it, it's the only thing that comes close to my obsession with movies. If Obama doesn't win I don't know what the hell I am going to do. But I have been researching buying property in South America just in case.