Monday, October 13, 2008

Autopilot

Part of being a Dad sometimes has me lapsing into autopilot mode, whereby my eyes glaze over and I look like a functioning human being, but my mind's actually in stasis. It's not wishing to be somewhere else, it's just taking a nap of sorts.

So we were looking at Halloween decor at Target, when I hear Alex ask me a question, I just said, "Uh huh." My wife reacts, asking Alex to ask Daddy the same question again. I turn to look at my son, and he's wearing a worrisome look on his face.

He's pointing to a box where there's a skeleton laying in an open coffin, prying the lid open. "Is that where bad kids go?"

No, I answered, and awkwardly proceeded to cover my tracks by explaining what was on the boxart, and that bad kids didn't go into coffins.

So when do they give out Father of the Year Awards again?

No comments: