Sunday, August 26, 2007

Listening to the Rain

Actually had a couple ideas for a blog, but when I stepped out of the shower, all I heard was the rain pouring down outside - Summer in Washington, and the rain is just coming down outside. But there's something comforting about the sound of rain. I think back when I was a kid in Singapore, listening to the rain. I think of the warm rainfall that was pouring down at different occasions of my life. And I just thought about the last campout as well, when it rained the whole day, and then Alex got his hand burned on the stove. After subjecting him to cold ice on his hand, we went for a walk in the rain and then to cheer him up, I jumped in the rain puddles and he did as well, and then just forgot about the whole pain. Our shoes were soaked but it was the rain that makes me remember the whole incident. I think about the time when I hadn't started school yet, and was at home while my brother was already in school. My mom was home and I felt safe, and didn't want to ever go to school because I liked being home with my Mom. I think about the time all us guys decided to play soccer after Sunday School in Singapore, and it was a farce to play in a watery, muddy field, but it was great fun.

And I think about what the rain will mean for my kids.

---

So I just noticed that Blogger added an upload feature on the blog. Silly bastards. Now I'll just have to use it. I liked the photo posting to Picasa at first, but after they imposed the 1 gig limit, I just went with Twango because I'd hate to work within restrictive limits like that.

I dunno, maybe I'll give it a try, probably not though. Depends on how dependable the streaming recording is for Youtube I guess. The video quality isn't that great, but I skip a few steps in order to get it down. Ah, I don't know.

---

I realize I'm behind on this, but I picked up God of War for the PS2 this weekend. I had rented it before without beating it, but I did enjoy the scale of the game and overall, it was a pretty fun game with enough action and gore to make me cringe in a good way. But I realized something else, that Amazon.com was probably a good place to buy used games. The more I use EB Games or Gamestop, the more I'm realizing that they're underpaying for trade-ins and overcharging for used games. They're handy to have around the malls and stuff, but definitely gotta start stretching that dollar from Amazon.

I did some overtime on Friday so I'm a little zoned out. I get overly tired throughout the week and the weekends aren't really enough for me to recover. Oh well.

I'm fading right now as I blog so I'm going to go veg. 1am is late for me now. How sad.

No comments: