Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 449 of Clown Day

It started pretty early today, at precisely the moment I put on my new underwear that I bought from Walmart. Evidently, their Mediums tend to either run a bit small, or I've been consuming way too much sugary confections. Anyway, it was a tight fit and I think it was a precursor to the kind of day I would be having. Not a bad one, just one that's really off.

When I was at work, I noticed that the "new guy" who isn't really new anymore, the one who grew a mustache in order to fit in with the rest of the guys, had shaved as well. It's like, c'mon, man. You're not going to even let me be the only guy not having any facial hair, you selfish bastard? It was funny and not at the same time, of course, if he starts showing up with my haircut and glasses, then it's time for me to skedaddle.

The rest of the day I just had weird little incidents, like items not being on my sales order, weird problems here and there, stuff like that. It was slightly contagious as well, my co-workers were having a little odd day too. At one point my supervisor called me for a meeting, and when I sat with her, she decided that it would be a good to begin with a metaphor about eggs, and baking cakes for a bakery. Really, she was just trying to tell me that once items are allocated to a sales order, it isn't necessary a wise idea to remove them and reallocate them to another order, due to the priority that the latter order had needed. That was really all she had to say, but she launched into the metaphor about cakes, me being a co-owner of a bakery, wedding cakes, and I gotta say, if I didn't already knew what she was trying to tell me, i would be even more confused because the cake metaphor sucked badly. It was more cluttered than needed to be. Anyway, then she started showing me how to do certain things on a computer, most of which really I had nothing to do with. But whatever.

But the evening with the kids was rather boring. I opted to spend some time on the computer instead of playing with them, and watched some Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law. You wouldn't think that a show about a superhero who's an attorney would be interesting, but it sorta is.

---

I took my first steps toward ownership of a PSP today, I saw a rather good deal on a 4 gig memory card, so I bought it. It felt naughty.

Guess I'm just getting the core model instead of the Daxter model.

---

I've been admiring the Slingbox lately, even though I'll probably never get it because I'm never away from home long enough to warrant one. Basically, it's a unit you hook up to your cable or DVR, and it'll let you control your TV through the internet and stream programming wirelessly through the internet to your computer, allowing you to watch TV. It's handy for those who travel a lot, but for a guy like me, it wouldn't be very useful at all. But still, it's pretty cool technology. Affordable too.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

tighties! hahaha omg the shave too guy is creepy haha but then again at my work, theres one dude that always retells my stories as his the very next day after i told them! haha 8) really!!

dude, how much is that slingbox? I kinda miss american tv these days, and if i got you a slingbox i could login while you were sleeping (time difference) and watch your tv right? awesome!!! wonder if that would work