Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

You know, I forgot all about posting about it.

It went well. My wife had to work pretty much most of the day, but I got up with the kids, who were already up and hyper since 7 in the morning, and so she got to sleep in. She had already gotten her present a few days prior - a watch to replace her goofy reflective one. But when she came down, I told Zoe to wish my wife a Happy Mother's Day, and she said she'd be right back, and went upstairs. I was a little confused what she was doing, so I followed her upstairs.

It's gone, she said, after peeking in the laundry basket. Then I realized what a smart little girl Zoe was. The night before, I told the kids right before they went to bed that tomorrow was Mother's Day, and the card was for Mommy. I gave them heart stickers to affix all over the card, and maybe mentioned it in conversation a few more times after that. I placed the card in the laundry basket for the moment while I tucked them in, but I was surprised that Zoe had remembered it the next day. So I was pretty impressed. Then I gave a box of chocolates to Alex for him to give to Mom, but I think once he saw the chocolates he didn't care who they were for and why they were for her, but he just wanted in on some of that chocolate action.

My mom came home later in the afternoon and then we went out to dinner that night at a Chinese restaurant in Bellevue. I'm usually not very picky about food choices, but two of the dishes she ordered was just drowning in shrimp. And not the usual, fried yummy shrimp that is peppered in Chinese food, these two dishes were literally engulfed in fishy smelling shrimp. Like the little fuckers just staged a coup and overtook the dish. So I had to order another dish that I could eat. Even today, my mom couldn't stomach the leftovers because it was too shrimped out.

But funny thing was, she brought home a Target ad yesterday and told me that she didn't want a potrait of herself as she hinted for her birthday, no, she wanted the camera in the Target ad. So after the dinner, we went to Target, picked up the camera for her birthday present (which she is already using, since she needs one for her trip), and it's a pretty sweet camera. It's a point and shoot Nikon, and I kinda missed having a camera that I use could the LCD to shoot, have a movie mode, and just pocket around without having a friggin' 5 pound rig hanging from your neck. But after playing with the camera a bit, I realized why I invested in a DSLR. Point and shoot cameras do exactly what they're supposed to do, and my DSLR does what it's supposed to do. Take shots that drop jaws, yo.

2 comments:

neonvirus.com said...

Hey, just taking time to drop a comment to let you know I've been reading your blog. Interesting as usual. I like your writing style.

OH! and about potty training, just have alex watch this japanese video a million times, he will learn the idea asap! or it will traumatize him, hmm. well worth a try?

oh and i tried to find your page, and i typed in diego and stuff and couldnt find it and then i realized what you ment and found it. you need to upload more meat (in your blog you mention storyboards and stuff, i was so dying to see those but they werent there... did you keep any of the old posters or anything for advertising your films? you should upload those too, all details, and film clips, wouldnt be that hard, be cool to have ones from each film you made and stuff), its kind of empty right now and twango link doesnt work. i refreshed my page, what do you think? (if you dont want to jump to my blog its now at blog.neonvirus.com although it can be clicked from my new mainpage, not sure if i will keep the mainpage tho, just trying it out.)

anyway i go for now... peace!

Diego said...

The japanese video is actually about the same for the American counterparts, all except the smiling poo waving back at you anyway. I saw a translated version.

About the website, yeah, I'm just updating a bit at a time because it's so time consuming to gather up old info and compile it in iWeb, which floods a basic webpage with tons of useless code.

Your main page is pretty cool, like an atom or something. Nice "Aqua" graphics, and almost like a pro site. That said, it's quite a wait to load the graphics, but it's pretty cool. Good job.