Monday, May 21, 2007

Hi, I'm... um... er... Shit.

That pretty much sums up my demeanor at the job seminar. I'm no good in groups, and in no good, I mean absolute twat. I stammer extensively, turn beet red, and verbal vomit pours out of my piehole. It was a tricky situation - it wasn't exactly a job interview, but it wasn't completely an informational session - so everyone was trying to stand out by being interesting. Whenever I try too hard, I usually self destruct, starting with my bad attempts at jokes, my nonsensical blathering, and then I sometimes, like today, I will stop talking mid-sentence, picturing myself standing next to me, shaking my sad little head.

I don't think it's really as bad as I think, gotta wait till the end of the week to see if its a yay or nay. I'll be getting an answer either way, I just hope I get another, more personal swing at it.

Sigh.

---

Watching Mulan now, to try to make up for the demeaning visions of women in Peter Pan. The film is pretty good, though it gets a bit more serious than the usual kid fare.

No comments: