Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

Actually, the post has nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day, which is today. I just can't think of a title.

----

So as Dansen noted in the comments, yeah, I've decided to close up shop for weddings because I've no good on the business end of it. Even though the weddings are getting easier and my system of editing has become very streamlined for me to edit through and still be great to watch, I think I'm ready to do the normal clock-in, clock-out deal and leave my work where it has to be. At work. I'm tired of always feeling like I'm behind, and guilty when I'm working that I'm not spending time for myself, vice versa. The money wasn't really doing it either, since upgrading and so forth is going to outweigh the money I keep. Oh well. I really like going to weddings too, but I always get a little nervous myself because I'm always panicking that I'm going to miss something important.

But my thought is to return to some crummy unappreciated job, but at least when I clock out and go home, I can either focus on my artistic junk or spend time with the family, guilt-free.

----

Watched "Fast Food Nation" yesterday, and boy, it might be a while before I return to McDonalds. I think it's interesting that a lot of us like to be blissfully unaware of where the hell the food comes from. We don't really want to know because we like our lifestyles to continue the way they are. Luckily for me, I never really order the burgers from McDonald's, mostly the nuggets which are "mechanically separated chicken meat held together by phosphate salts," according to Wikipedia. I suppose there's worse things I could be eating.

----

Yesterday morning, Zoe was sent up to my room to wake me up, and I was actually already awake, but slightly zoned out, laying in bed. She came in the room, lifted up the blanket, and tickled my foot for a second. Then she climbed onto the bed and looked at me, and whispered, "Daddy. Daddy. Wake up." She then scurried out of the room again, but when I stretched, she came in and said hi. Then we chatted for a while, about the animals and vegetables on my pillowcase (don't ask.) and she was looking at my eyes while I was admiring hers, "You got scary eyes, daddy." and she pointed at my nose and said I had a "big pei kol" and she had a "little pei kol". She shared my blanket and we both laid there, just talking about the monkeys on her shirt, the letters on my sweatshirt, and I thought to myself: This is a pretty great way to wake up.

No comments: