Saturday, January 3, 2009

Two Days to Reality

I can't say completely that I'm loathing the idea of going back to work, really. Maybe it's the fear that I'll go back and there'll be nothing to do but sit around, lay floor tape, and do stupid busywork to give the illusion of productivity. That I hate. But actually going back to work is all right with me. Ah, yeah, there's the waking up at 4:30am part. Not too hot about that.

So during my vacation, I didn't really get all those grand plans realized, no short movie made, no song composed, no laptop per child in the world. Kinda ran out of money there. But I did manage to do a whole lot of goofing off and some work, like beginning (and probably stopping prematurely scanning all of Mom's old photos), playing a good chunk of video games, and just generally enjoy being a complete lazy butt. Part of the vacation was taken up by the holidays and the snow, but otherwise I've had fun finding out how to make a massive stockpile of fuel tanks in the map editor in Far Cry 2, and then blowing it up just to see stuff explode. Also encoding concerts and putting them on the PS3 for easy accessibility.

Anyway, couple more days. Might want to put some thought into taking the tree down and also cut my nails, shave, etc.

No comments: