Monday, July 28, 2008

Taking a half day off so that I can go to an auditory counseling deal about Alex. Because my wife has a new watch, or perhaps even more factually because she doesn't like to be late, we are at the doctors office 25 minutes before we're actually required to be here.

Overslept this morning because I went to bed late last night. I guess playing Rock Band till 11 something at night and then having to wake up in the morning is not a terribly smart thing to do. Nonetheless, I'm happy to report that my wife is smitten with Rock Band. She was settling to be the singer but I think after she saw me banging away on the drums, she wanted in on it. After a half hour she was hooked, and we played for about an hour and a half on a tour before our visions starting glossing. It is a tremendously fun and rewarding game though the price tag is certainly a huge factor. Opening the kits and guitar, one could only imagine how much of the price tag could be attributed to the licensing of the Ludwig drumsticks and Fender guitar. Nonetheless, it is a great game, I think a viable primer for using real instruments. I guess Rock Band 2 is also compatible with our gear, so we only have to upgrade the game itself. Although its a little tough for the kids to get, I figured out how to hook it up to my iBook and through garageband, utilize the drum kit as a basic drum set. Awesomeness!

Listened to the last episode of The Bryant Park Project that was actually aired last Friday and it was quite heartbreaking. They've been on the air for about a year but the staff has essentially become a second family amongst themselves, and it was touching to hear them say goodbye to each other. I'll miss the show as well, and trying to replace that show with stupid gaming podcasts.

Tomorrow is E's birthday so we will likely go down to Jimmy Macs and have us some barbeque ribs or something. And then have some ice cream cake. And play more Rock Band.

No comments: