Monday, May 5, 2008

I swear I've eaten my weight in food this weekend. Yesterday we went to Azteca restaurant and had us some Mexican food, and the leftovers are still in the fridge. The kids were amply impressed with the restaurant, with Alex proclaiming that we were having a party. They saw a lot of faux mexican decor, which included a "weird sun", a "turkey", and "lots of guitars". I was just worried that alt some point Alex might decide as he's done before, that he can speak Spanish and start rambling off some gibberish. But they did have fun at the restaurant.

Today we went for Dim Sum, which is about the only time I consume any form of seafood on any scale. It was delicious as always, although at 68 bucks, it certainly was a bit extravagant for brunch. I've adopted my mother's instinct to finish food off of my kids' plates, so that we don't waste any food. Of course, I do have the gut to prove that no food has indeed be thrown out. I'm usually eating my share and scraps from my kids meals. I wonder what that makes me. Food recycler? Scrap finisher? Cheapskate?

So right now I'm in a food line at work, they are serving free food for Cinco de Mayo, and there's a two hour lunch, so I'm naturally behind that. The line seems to be picking up, so yippee.

No comments: