Sunday, April 6, 2008

Inspiration Struck and Hit Dansen

Yeah, it's been a while since a posty posty, but it's mostly because I was trying to let the April Fools joke take effect, since I know not everyone reads the blog everyday like my wife does. And then I got lazy and inspired!

So I was listening to the podcasts at work, slighty worried because twice in the week static electricity had travelled up my ears and shocked them. And yeah, it hurt like hell to get shocked inside your ears, and you do really hear a pop before the pain follows. So anyway, listening to podcasts and actually missing broadcasting. Shooting the witty banter and doing a bit of creativity. I thought about how to possibly find a mate to do it, and I couldn't figure it out. Then I thought of a guy whom I had great chemistry with, but he's in Japan. So we met up, he's game for it, and we're going to give it a go tomorrow night. We'll see what happens. A lot of technical obstacles, i'll say.

Work sucks.

Production had been on hold for the past 6 weeks and it had been absolute torture. They want us to stay busy, but there's really nothing worth doing. So I've been doing odd little menial tasks, like scraping old stickers off carts and moving shit around. Well, there was a glimmer of hope for about a day, but now a field action is causing us to basically be on hold for another 4 weeks. Aside from the additional dead time, it also means that all that sweet overtime that I've been anticipating is going down the drain. Because the company fiscal year ends in April, I doubt there will be any overtime for a while.

Apart from the homemade electroshock therapies I've received, my ipod is trying to fail on me. It freezes in mid-podcast, forcing me to reboot and rehunt where I left off. I would say about 8 reboots every day I work, which can be quite a nuisance. So I've done some research, and I've come up with a plan to get a nano sometime in September. Why then? Well, every September since its launch there's been a new redesign, and I'm guess they will likely bump up their base model to 8 gigs, easy. Furthermore, I'm siding with the nano not only because of the price, but also because it, like the touch, has a flash drive. The 3.5 drive in the classic is skipping in mine, I suppose they're not really made for too much movement or drops. So, that's the plan. If the ipod does die, I'll try my best to substitute it with something else. Between my PSP and my phone, I should have some alternative.

Right, its late now.

No comments: