Saturday, March 8, 2008

In Space

I was putting my shoes on to go to the car to check for something and the kids asked where I was going. My wife said, "Daddy's going to space."

"Space?"

"Yes, I'm going to space where there's a vacuum and sound doesn't travel at all so that I can't hear any bickering or fighting. The absence of sound."

"Oh," said the boy. "Watch this!" he said when he tossed the book in the air. Obviously my space venture was of no interest to him.

Right now I'm wishing I was in orbit somewhere. The kids had somehow switched roles and Zoe is now the whiny, temper tantrum that Alex had been all this time. She's crying up buckets when she doesn't get her way and pouting up a hangdog expression to get my attention - which unfortunately leans on the negartive tone.

Anyway, seems like its a little calmer for now. Hopefully it'll just be that the rest of the night.

No comments: