Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Easters one of those holidays that we celebrate for the festivity of it, devoid of its intended meaning. Even though we didn't go visit the Easter Bunny at the mall for a $60 potrait, we did have a couple egg hunts and tremendous amounts of candy. We did go to a church, but it wasn't for the religious service. They had inflatables at this super church, which had themed rooms, a gymnasium, a coffee stand, and there was probably a Sunglasses Hut in there somewhere. But man, churches have gotten slick since the grassroots type functions that I used to attend. Now they look like business conventions with branded posters and catchy slogans. But the easter activities were quite fun for the spawn, its carnival type environment was done very well. They even had a go around type ride for the kiddies.

Yesterday morning the kids awoke to find eggs strewn about the house, much to their absolute delight. Of course that coupled with Super Smash Bros Brawl and Alex is essentially the happiest clam on the beach. We didn't do any egg dyeing for some reason, perhaps next year we might get to it.

Taking another day off today, and completely draining all my personal time off. So yeah, I used all my vacation hours before my actual vacation. But in my defense, the company plans on killing us with overtime the rest of March and April, doing 58 hours a week once production starts up again. I expect to be pretty cranky. Maybe turn into a cannibal and prey on rude people, start by chewing on their lips so I don't have to hear them complain.

Ok.

No comments: