Sunday, February 24, 2008

How 5 Minutes Inspired Me!



When people ask me what I did this weekend, I would be like, I was videotaping that and it was fun and inspiring and made me feel alive! And then they would watch the video and go... Why were they doing that? Well, it's not for everyone.

I, for one, have been fascinated by these "improv missions", which are not technically considered a flash mob, but nevertheless it's the same idea. A group of people who randomly meet up, doing something for a short period of time, and then disband. I never met any of these people before, and hopefully I will have time to do something like this again.

The American Babies book came in the mail and the wife has been devouring it like she's never read it before. It looks pretty nice, though the formatting is a little off. Hardcover and the quality is pretty good, makes me feel like a real author, almost. I'll post photos of that later.

We also did the Zoo on Saturday, and though overall it was a good experience, we were convinced after that trip that Alex could possibly not be ready for preschool. He likes to argue and not listen to directions, but most of all he doesn't quite know when to be serious. A good time would really be when Mommy or Daddy has an angry look of their faces, but poor Alex somehow interprets that as funny. So it was a bit of a stressful trip out, with him being constantly reprimanded for not showing enough respect. Sigh. He's a good kid, but he lets his excitement and emotions get in the way.

Anyway, still got loads to do, wasted a lot of last night and this morning trying to figure out the improv video. I need to be done with it for right now.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

hahaha this is why you are co cool, i also thought this group was kickass! coolness, you ever going to actually participate in one of those events? *picturing you frozen with a big pair of aviator shades on* hahaha nice!