Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!



The kids got these new bikes for Christmas, so I was videotaping them on my super duper camera (you couldn't tell from the youtube encode) when I got inspired. It's nice to not be so tired of editing that I can be inspired again. Anyway, once the kids went to bed, I got to low level copyright infringement and started editing it. Everyone rather enjoys it, I hope everyone does too.

The new year so far has been okay - Watching the Space Needle fireworks on TV sputter after two false starts is hopefully not indicative for the year to come, but it's been going okay so far. My tooth hurted when I woke up this morning, and that's usually accompanied with a killer headache. I took some drugs which subsided that headache, but I reckon my teeth aren't quite done with me. They're quite mad from the excess amounts of candy and chocolates consumed over the holidays. Also, I've been chewing on chips and stuff that I really shouldn't be attempting, so for now I gotta lay off the sugar, at least until my teeth forget to punish me.

Got "Metroid Prime Corruption 3" for the Wii, after exchanging two prior purchases for it. The first time the game had no replay value so I returned it unopened, then the second game I got had terrible reviews, so I got Metroid instead because of the high ratings. Initially I wasn't a huge fan, but I don't think after the Wii I could really play any other shooter games without a Wii Remote. Metroid for the Game and for the Wii is such a huge difference. The Wii just feels more natural and entertaining.

Don't really have new years resolutions, but my wife and I are trying to budget a little better but actively cutting our funds to just an allowance, and also trying to avoid sugars and junk food. It can be a little tough, especially since on Monday I ate a whole bag of chocolate pretzels at 5 in the morning. If it weren't so damned cold in the morning, I'd lay off the eating. I blame that.

We got the Honda back and although I'm sure they did some actual maintenance on the car, it still feels like we paid over a grand to get them to turn the engine light off. And looking at the invoice is always a pain, seeing how the parts only cost about 200 bucks and the rest was for labor. I wish there was a way for me to supervise their work under my dime. Anyway, I suppose credit cards are good that way, they cover my ass while draining more money from my livelihood.

Back to work tomorrow, hopefully for only three more days of work. Unfortunately, Saturday won't be a sleep in and do nothing day, rather it'll be a drive 100 miles for more holiday related visiting. I don't necessarily mind the drive, I'd just rather be chilling at home. The long drives usually wear the kids out, and eating is always a problem for some reason. The eating timetable gets thrown off or something so we'd either eat too little or more than usual.

I also went through one of my favorite earphones on Monday, I was listening to music when I could hear the right side crackle a bit, and then just go mute. I have a few others, but the Sony will always have a special place in my heart. I'll likely go to the iPod earphones and see how they work out for a while. I like my rubber tip ones but not for work - they isolate too much sound and make a rather disturbing wet "pop" sound when I pull it out of my right ear. So I use them just for home.

Anyway, the above was mostly just for stalling while I got a better encode for youtube, and now it's done! Happy New Year again!

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

i liked the speed racer thing, although i sure hope you teach your kids bike safety (look both ways, all that) if you have full medical now (cus you full time worker) why not go to a dentist? i can feel your pain though, one of my teeth is wonky and i dont have dental. in fact my company is currently covering NO INSURACNE which is creepy when in a foreign country. hope im ok.

my news years reseloutionzers suck ass. just about being more creative and stuff. i like yours, although the whole munching in early morning / late night thing got me, i was munching down on a snack at 2:15 in the morning when i read that. oops. im really getting pudgy, you should see me, im going to be competing with santa soon hehe.

i feel the pain about the "labor costs" for mechanics, a friend of the family growing up was a car mechanic and he used to laugh about how he could sit around doing almost nothing and make tons of money, dont know if he was joking, but that stuck in my mind.

anyway, sorry to be stalking your blog. hope not too annoying!!