Sunday, December 9, 2007

Beats



I've been glued to my PSP more than usual (which is to say that instead of a face, I have a PSP on top of my neck now) because of a game I downloaded off the Playstation Store. It costs a grand total of $4.99, but it plays like a full featured game, except with mucho customization. In that sense, I mean you can import your own songs and play with it. Like Guitar Hero in a sense, without the big guitar. I play two different songs in two different modes up there. Normal is usually not hard at all, almost leisurely. Hard is exactly that, I don't even make it through half the song without being lost. But it's tons of fun, mostly because I don't get stuck with iffy songs I don't care about, just songs that I like.

So my job status finally went through, and on Monday I'm no longer a contractor with my company, I'll be actually a Team Member. I have orientation on Monday, and the weird thing is yesterday I got an overnight package in the mail, a welcome packet from my company that I could have gotten on Friday or on Monday, but I guess they wanted me to have it yesterday. The funnier thing is that they included huge maps of both buildings - not so much tour maps, but like specific floor maps, including where all the production lines are. And they are all wrong. The production floor and I imagine some of the offices were renovated in the last 4 months so everything's moved. I would imagine anyone following the maps would be more lost than anything, with dated maps that are poster sized. I'm feeling pretty good about being a Team Member, which means medical and for the first time since I had kids, the kids can actually be double covered now. We couldn't in the past because we worked for the same company, and that stupid company got around not insuring two employees if they were married. Nice. Also looking forward to the slight pay bump - pretty proud of the fact that I went back from their original offer (the audacity!) and got my wage bumped up an extra 75 cents (even though I asked for 50 cents). I don't feel too guilty because like a Cover Girl, I'm worth it. Ooh, that's a different metaphor.
And overtime would be more worth it too. The rest of December looks to have more overtime. Yeech.

Getting a little sick, maybe a cold or something, but it's got me fatigued with a dull headache. Hopefully it's short lived.

Anyway, photos.

No comments: