Saturday, November 17, 2007

Under Pressure

One of the great things in life is that sometimes, coincidences come about to verify your state of thinking. It seems that whenever I get really tense and stressed about something, my iPod will just play Bowie and Queen's "Under Pressure" to kinda underline the tension that I have bouncing about in my head. So either my iPod has some psychic abilities or... I'm really stressed all the time.

Right now I should be editing my very last wedding but my mind wants to do other things, like play the ever so fun Super Mario Galaxy! I plowed through a couple hours yesterday, just lost in the gameplay that was familiar but so shiny and new at the same time. It was like letting you enjoy an old activity in a whole new different galaxy, as it were. The kids really enjoy watching it too, though I doubt they would get a chance to play it because the learning curve is a little steep if you didn't grow up with Mario. But man, is it fun.

I had downloaded Super Mario 2 and 3 from the virtual console to get ready for Galaxy, and I've always liked 2 for some odd reason, even though it's a tough one to play, but what's more surprising is how well I remember 3. I never owned a NES when I was a kid, just spent a lot of time playing at my friend's Patrick's house. From level one, I just remembered where the flutes were, the secret stuff was, all that. A lot of it came back to me pretty naturally, so that was a bit surprising.

I do have a couple pieces of odd media that I have to post, if I find the time and gumption. Other than that, just waiting for Thanksgiving whereby there could be quite a number of people coming for dinner, since we do have two frozen turkeys and a microphone.

---

The job end is going pretty well, I have my days whereby I want to just slap everyone I work with, and some days whereby I do enjoy working with them. But I'm on the verge of being permanent, and it was quite nice to hear that my boss and the HR rep had actually revised my proposal for hiring in order to accomodate the pay bump that I had requested. I had felt like I pulled enough weight around there to warrant a higher starting wage then they offered, so I sheepishly asked for it in a hemming and hawing way.

No comments: