Saturday, August 18, 2007

What the Hell Happened to the Internet?

Obviously, I've been living in some kind of hole, the kind that doesn't have internet access because there's been slight evolutions that I've been aware of. Of course, this all has nothing to do with anyone else, but I'm writing about it anyway.

Flickr upgraded their uploading process and it rocks. For a while, their uploading sucked so bad that you had to use third party software to effectively upload multiples. Now you can do it within the browser and it doesn't freak out or crash. I got all my pics uploaded with nary a problem. Except the fact that they only still let you show 200 most recent photos if you're a free member. I got around that simply by tagging my photos with a unique name, so that fools it. 25 bucks a year for storage is a little steep considering that imagestation does it all for free.

I learned about podcastpeople.com and tried it, since I've been waiting to vlog a little more after abandoning it. It just took too much time to record, encode, upload, and do post production that I just let it go. But I still think about it from time to time, and podcastpeople lets you record it directly online, thus elimating a ton of steps. Anyway, did my post, and then it said that I exceeded the free limit. So it's like, well, screw you then. I tried Twango and since they got acquired by Nokia, it's streaming flash videos were recorded just fine, but could only be downloaded. DOH. Finally I tried Youtube, which I have tried before, and it actually worked just fine. The quality ain't something to brag about, but since it's just my uggo face on there, I think it improves the podcast. So look for it soon, vlogging to return every now and then.

---

I was going to post about Zoe's birthday, but I think I'll do it on the vlog.

No comments: