Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So last night I had a series of dreams, and it had to do with schooling. I had somehow signed on for eight classes, most of which had to do with literature, writing, and a Muggles class. I'm not even all that into Harry Potter, never read any of the books but have watched the movies with a meh reaction to each of them, but it somehow smuggled itself into my dreams. I was in line trying to withdraw from one of the classes at 5pm, which was a little much for me. I explained to the registrar that I had a 2 and 3 year old, so I couldn't do it all.

Anyhow, I always have this anxiety about not being able to find my classes on the first day, looking around the huge campus and trying to remember which floor, which door, which teach I'm supposed to go to. Anyway, this was no exception in my dream, except the campus was even bigger since the mall had acquired a huge chunk of it. So it was like a multi-story mall with a campus attached to it. Sweet and scary at the same time.

But ultimately, I did wake up with a pretty good feeling because despite the social chaos that was schooling for me, it was a time of hope, dreams, learning, and inspirations. Everyone was going to be someone, whereas my current situation, everyone already is who they're going to be, which is a bit stifling for me.

---

So the Mac event was yesterday, and it was a bit blah. I mean, even the presentation was held in a smallish room where the audience was subdued and really up close. I chose to not watch the stream like I usually do, since the facts are all pretty much there. New iMacs look nice, and thinking about upgrading to iLife '08, although iPhoto would be the only real reason why I'd do it. The iMovie improvement is cool too, though it's more in line with a move toward more pro control, nothing I can't already do on some level or another.

---

One of the games that I do with the kids is I'll ask them, "Hey, where do Woka Woka come from?" And they'll say, "Woka Woka comes from you!" And I'll go Woka Woka on them, doing some kind of tickling/nuzzling craziness on them. Writing this in case I've forgotten in the future.

---

Noted on the Guitar Hero endorsement there, Atom. Though I don't know what I would do with the flippin' guitar when I'm not playing with it. By the way, I found you on MySpace because I'm watching you. From inside your house. Dah Dah Dahhhhh!

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

kayo says wokawoka is cool. oh and i think so too. WHERES THE WOKA WOKA COME FROM??? (wtf does that mean btw??!! haha)

hey hey, i also miss the chaos and pure moments of school sometimes too. Ahh. Well, only thing we can do is move forward and try to understand more about ourselves desu.

Anyway, GOODLUCK!!! send me a rough outline/draft something of your next movie idea, im curious. woooo

ps. the word verification for this is "eggcyox" and that sounds like "egg cocks" which is uhm.. just special!! hahaha :)