Saturday, January 13, 2007

Remember the Time When I Said I Wasn't Going to Blog about Hawaii for a While?

I lied.

But hopefully, for my own health and sanity, it will be a while. I've been posting on the forums and though the answers weren't mean or new information for it, it just suddenly got to be too much information. Like sometimes when I troll all the news sources and read about everyday people suddenly snapping and turning on their families or workplace, or even stuff that happened in the past, I just get overwhelmed and depressed because of the mounting anxiety.

Doing the simple math will basically reveal that moving to Hawaii with anything less than 10 grand would be impossible, and that's with no real safety buffer. That's just cost of moving, along with first and last months rent for a studio apartment. And it's pretty much just a figure that I pulled out of my bum (with some basis in actual prices, of course. But still. My bum.)

So I think I have to back away from it for a while, and think about other things like editing and getting done so that I can contribute to saving lots and lots of money.

My god, it looks like a different country outside. In addition to the 3-4 inches of snow we already had that mostly melted, there's a nice glaze of light snow that's probably frozen onto the pavement, and it's also foggy outside. A little worried about my mom walking home.

1 comment:

neonvirus.com said...

more hawai'i posts!! yay!! yeah moving countries can be hella expensive, lemme tell you about that! infact so much so, i havent really managed to save much since ive been gone, really. so im thinking about staying around japan for awhile so i can save some...!!
wooo! taking pictures of the snowy weather?